Preliminary Exercise - 'Sonny Jim'

My Opening Sequence - 'Remembrance'

Monday, November 24, 2008

TEST SHOOT!

Today we did our test shoot! Everyone arrived promptly (ahem BEN!) and we got to work straight away. We started wth my idea first, with Tanya and I taking it in turns to film the different shots in the storyboard while Ben acted in pretty much all of them. We next tried capturing some footage for Tanya's idea but soon came across a difficulty when we realised the garage was too cluttered to use...so we decided to go ahead with my idea; we knew we could film it easily and it would definitely be effective. We're on the way to developing the idea further (a new storyboard, detiled expansion of the killer's motive, extra dialogue in new scenes, etc)

I really enjoyed shooting today; it was a great new experience for me as I really got a feel for what an actual production day would be like. Though we did come across a few hiccups (like finding out we couldn't use the garage etc); but I guess that's what a test shoot is for!

...At least we weren't out in the cold all day :)

No comments: